Sunday, December 27, 2009

BORED


I'm an avid MMO gamer, I love being inside a living world where I can make persistent progress every day; and for one of the first times in my MMO career, I have nothing to play. I've played almost every major MMO on the market, but they're all lacking something on some level.

The greatest MMO experience I ever had was Star Wars Galaxies, back before the NGE update. It had an awesome community, an excellent open class/career system, a large world, player housing, player cities, and an interesting PvP system, and I also happened to love Star Wars. The game was doing well, and many people were in love with it but yet Sony Online Entertainment/LucasArts put through this new NGE update that completely changed the game on a fundamental level. Just after the update, people left the game in droves and it has never been the same. Play the game now, and sure you may enjoy it, but it's a shadow of its former self.

Ever since that game died I've been on an everlasting search for a new MMO. I've gone from MMO to MMO trying to find one I can truly enjoy, as it stands I usually don't play one for very long periods at a time, as I get bored with something about it. However, usually I move on to a new one that I think I can enjoy for a time, but this time.. I can't find one. I've played them all, and they all bore me.

World of Warcraft is a joke.

I'm afraid to touch any of SOE's games because all they care about is the almighty dollar.

Fallen Earth seems to have a lot of potential, but they need to work on introducing new players to all the possibilities, not just dump them into the world.

EVE Online I think is awesome, but it's just not my kind of game.

Guild Wars is good, but it feels like a dead-end with Guild Wars 2 on the horizon.

Warhammer Online is great, but it needs more class balance and engine streamlining.

I know there are many more MMOs, and I've played them, but I'd run this off the page detailing them all. So it looks like I'm sticking with console and non-MMO PC games for a while. Drat.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I haven't been able to find any really good ones in a long time that I really want to play for a long time. I have to say though I was impressed with Champions Online a little. That was fun. Haven't played anything like that before and who hasn't ever wanted to make their own superhero and play as them? Cool!

    ReplyDelete