Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hiatus

It's been a while since I wrote anything, mostly because I've been preoccupied with a gaming website I joined right around the time this blog appeared.  The website is okay, but the worst part is no one seems to take it very seriously, it's pretty much a dead end.  I'm also learning that I don't really enjoy writing reviews if I'm not getting payed for it, I enjoy to rant about games but not really to review them according to a formula (gameplay, graphics, audio, etc.)  I enjoy writing the occasional review, but to do only that, it's starting to grate on me.  I suppose that is what life is though, going through different experiences and learning what you can handle and what you like and learning about people especially.  

I've started playing Warhammer Online again.  It really is a great game, and a lot has improved from that last post I made about it.  The PvP is a blast, and it's probably one of the most balanced games on the market right now combat-wise.  A lot has happened with it recently though, it was merged with BioWare to become BioWare Mythic, and when that happened EA laid off 40% of the Mythic employees.  For me that's like "Awesome." Because I love BioWare and I love Mythic; I'm concerned about the future of the game though.  BioWare is developing an MMO called The Old Republic, and that game is going to be huge.  So I fear WAR is going to get the back-burner treatment and possibly be shutdown.  The developers and the new producer seem to be confident about its future, and that helps, but I still worry.  I transferred my old Shadow Warrior and me and my girlfriend are having a blast playing it, although some console games have been taking up our time too.

I think gaming is one of the best and worst hobbies to have when you have no job.  Best, because you have plenty to do, especially if you're into RPGs.  Worst, because you never have money to buy new games which kind of seals you into a cycle of perpetuation.

I can't decide what's worse, having to sit around playing the same games over and over, or being alone with your thoughts almost every day.  Thinking too much tends to lead to depression.  Did mention I loathe humanity?

1 comment: